From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-18 14:09:33

"Maxim Yegorushkin" <e-maxim_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I've been working on a small library - an immutable C++ string. Now it is
> in usable state and has been put in use in a couple of real projects.
> Although it needs further polishing, I would like to know is there any
> interest in such a library?

I am interested, but don't have time to examine it in detail now.

I have a few comments and questions:

1. You might mention Java together with Python as a language with immutable
built-in strings.
2. I don't understand the following statement:

    Unlike std::basic_string<>, empty string object references empty c-style
string "".

3. What are the semantics of

    std::string str("abc");
    h(boost::cref(str));