From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-19 06:56:38

> Linker output []:
> Chmod1
> ../bin/boost/libs/thread/test/test_tss.test/intel-8.0-linux/debug/threading-multi/test_tss
>

> Run output []:
>
> EXIT STATUS: 139
>
> ?
>
> All thread tests are failing in the similar manner. This is really
> unpleasant given that the library worked on Intel 8.0/Linux in 1.31.

There are two issues here:

1) Intel 8.1 currently crashes on all tests that use the unit test suite,
Intel tell me this will be fixed soon.
2) Intel 8.0 and 8.1: Martin Wille's tests are run on a Linux version that
unsupported by Intel, as a result all tests that use <threading>multi fail
during program startup, see for example http://tinyurl.com/4kvja. I don't
see a solution to this unless we can either get someone else to run Intel on
Linux, or else persuade Martin to use a different Linux vendor :-(

John.