From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 07:27:12

David Abrahams wrote:

> Very few of the Boost regression tests are meant to be run in "release
> mode" (i.e. with NDEBUG defined).

Are there any statistics for that? I don't share this feeling as most of
the regression tests make use of boost.test.

> Many in fact use <cassert>.

I would say those are incorrect.

> don't think it's reasonable to expect any particular result from Boost
> tests run in this way, nor is it reasonable to expect library authors
> to adjust their tests at this late date. I'm sure the number of
> affected tests goes way beyond the two you've found.

IMO it's somewhat important to detect potential differences between
debug and release, which as everybody knows happen to occur sometimes!
And (please tell me if I'm incorrect), when releasing a product, the
regression tests are mostly run on a final build, which normally is a
release build!

Cheers,

Stefan