From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 07:56:54

Boost.Python fails to build with MSVC 6.x/STLPort (see http://tinyurl.com/4nl7l)
due to the following (incorrect) configuration logic in
"boost/python/detail/config.hpp":

// The STLport puts all of the standard 'C' library names in std (as far as the
// user is concerned), but without it you need a fix if you're using MSVC or
// Intel C++
# if defined(BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR)
# define BOOST_CSTD_
# else
# define BOOST_CSTD_ std
# endif

The issue, as explained in "boost/config/stdlib/stlport.hpp" is that:

// STLport does a good job of importing names into namespace std::,
// but doesn't always get them all, define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE, since our
// workaround does not conflict with STLports:

Is there a reason why we are not using BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE here?

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering