From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 14:11:24

"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Boost.Python fails to build with MSVC 6.x/STLPort (see
>> http://tinyurl.com/4nl7l) due to the following (incorrect)
>> configuration logic in
>> "boost/python/detail/config.hpp":
>>
>> // The STLport puts all of the standard 'C' library names in std (as
>> far as the // user is concerned), but without it you need a fix if
>> you're using MSVC or // Intel C++ # if
>> defined(BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR) # define BOOST_CSTD_ # else #
>> define BOOST_CSTD_ std # endif
>>
>> The issue, as explained in "boost/config/stdlib/stlport.hpp" is that:
>>
>> // STLport does a good job of importing names into namespace std::, //
>> but doesn't always get them all, define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE, since
>> our // workaround does not conflict with STLports:
>>
>> Is there a reason why we are not using BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE here?

I had similar problems in my setup. I fixed them by close looking at the
release notes for stlport 4.5.3 and found that stlport 4.5.3 puts an altered
copy of stlport directory into the msvc include directory. I set
environmental variables

export STLPORT_PATH="c:/"
export STLPORT_VERSION=4.5.3
export STLPORT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY="c:/program files/Microsoft Visual
Studio/vc98/include/stlport"

This permitted compile link and test with msvc-stlport toolset. I believe
it would also help intel-7.1-v6-stlport-4.5.3 toolset builds.

Robert Ramey