From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 17:08:58
Here some implementation questions I've got:
1. Why does the library brake const correctness. FWIV I could write:
const vector<int>& v = ...;
std::cin >> io::formatob( v );
and it would compile without questions.
2. Why doesn't insert_iterator is implemented using iterator_facade?
3. Why do you need 2 different functions containerfmtex and containerfmt?
4. How does this all machinery will work with wchar_t?
5. Why do you need static_cast< const base_type * > to cast to the base type
6. Why the same entity you sometime call format_type and sometime
7. What deducer is supposed to deduce? I couldn't get through all the
details, but couldn't the same be achieved using partial specialization
and/or partial ordering. Cause it look way too complex and unnecessary.
8. Why class formatter, formatter_t is defined in namespace io, while it
reside among details headers?
9. What is RT2 stands for?
10. detail/formatter.hpp refer to openclose_formatter_t, but does not
include no headers.
11. Need for all this hierarchies:
are completely unclear. Explanations presented in docs does not help since
format methods seems to be returning *this anyway. Why couldn't we just use
something trivial like
Is beyond me. If any member is empty it means it missing.
12. select and switch templates seems useful. Why doesn't MPL provide these?
13. Doesn't MPL provide eq_int, lt_int?
13. struct selector needs to be PP generated
14. list_object -> formatter_t inheritance look wrong. Where is IS A
15. You couldn't do this: typename InputStream::char_type ch = '\0';
I think It all for now.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk