From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-21 08:48:15

There's an out-of-date workaround in dynamic_bitset/config.hpp, which
tests the compiler version to see if a GCC bug is still present.
The bug is still present in GCC 3.4, so BOOST_TESTED_AT should test
30400.

Also, boost/variant/detail/move.hpp contains this:

#if defined(BOOST_NO_ARGUMENT_DEPENDENT_LOOKUP) \
 || BOOST_WORKAROUND(__GNUC__, BOOST_TESTED_AT(2))

Should that be changed?
IIUC that means that GCC 3.x uses the workaround for non-ADL compilers.
Since GCC 3.x has pretty good (not perfect) ADL, and since the
BOOST_TESTED_AT is outdated, that test should be changed.

Finally, boost/iterator/detail/config_def.hpp tests

# if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__GNUC__, == 2) && BOOST_WORKAROUND(__GNUC_MINOR__, BOOST_TESTED_AT(95)) \

This looks outdated - there will be no more GCC 2.x releases and I
would be surprised if vendor-specific releases such as RedHat's GCC
2.96 fixed that issue, but GCC 3 probably did.

I can check this assumption if someone can provide a testcase but I
would expect the test can be changed to simply:

# if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__GNUC__, == 2) \

since it applies to all known version of GCC 2.x, and there will not be
any more 2.x releases.

The attached patches make the first two changes. I have left the third,
since it doesn't affect GCC 3.x so is doing no harm, and because I'm not
sure the bug has been fixed.

jon

--
I listen a lot and talk less. You can't learn anything when you're talking.
	- Bing Crosby