From: Aaron W. LaFramboise (aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-21 15:27:21

Bronek Kozicki wrote:

> Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
>
>>To fix these problems, I need to know where (header, namespace) the
>>inverse hyperbolic functions acosh, asinh, atanh are defined for this
>>platform/compiler/standard library. As a side note, the same question
>
> it's not defined in MinGW at all. Here's relevant part of math.h
>
> /*
> * TODO: asinh, acosh, atanh
> */
>
> This math.h belongs to MinGW runtime. I have most recent version,
> mingw-runtime-3.3, released May 02, 2004. MD5 of my math.h is
> fad9df375a225e55f7b399c1481e683e, file size 21194 bytes, file time
> 2004-05-02 11:43.

Actually, the newest is 3.5, but it doesn't have asinh. It does,
however, have casinh. If theres nothing better, this could be used for
asinh. It might make just as much sense to compute asinh oneself, though.

If you are willing to contribute a public domain implementation of the
real arc-hyperbolic trig functions, I am sure MinGW would not reject them.

> Interestingly, the same mingw-runtime is used with GCC 3.3.1 (toolset
> "mingw" in tests I'm running) and all tests pass on this compiler. I
> guess some workaround is applied here?

There are three primary components to a GNU toolchain:

-The compiler: GCC or something else

-The linker and assembler: binutils or something else

-The C library: glibc, mingw-runtime, or something else.

The functionality of the whole is described by the functionality of each
of these three parts.

Aaron W. LaFramboise