From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-22 12:28:38

--- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> As for Intel, it certainly used to work at some point, and I'm pretty
> sure LBL is using it successfully.

I haven't used the Intel compiler for a while. Last time I tried everything
compiled and linked but some tests failed at runtime (for unknown reasons).

> My guess is that it's a linking problem that we can correct.

Intel 7.1 doesn't have a linking problem I know about, but 8.0 requires special
attention, e.g.:

/opt/intel_cc_80/bin/icc -shared -o libirc.so /opt/intel_cc_80/lib/libirc.a

I put libirc.so somewhere on LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I also had to define LD_PRELOAD, e.g.:

LD_PRELOAD="<your_path_here>/libirc.so:/opt/intel_cc_80/lib/libunwind.so.5"
export LD_PRELOAD

Some of this may not be necessary if the -cxxlib option is used, but I never
tried it out.

This is all I know. Hope it helps.
Ralf