From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-23 01:09:51

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

> A. The main building block is the concept of a Formatter (sketched
> below).
> There will be a number of built-in formatters, such as
> 1. sequence_formatter, for formatting objects of a type I.A.1.
> using
> specified opening, closing and separator strings
> 2. nary_formatter<N>, for formatting objects of a type I.A.2. Nary
> formatters can be specified with expression templates -- e.g.,

Forgot to mention in the previous email: I recall that when I was trying to
write my own code for this task, I found very usefull to number elements of
a sequence. I still have handwritten code for dumping some data which
numbers the elements. That's handy when elements are referred by indexes.

I'd like such a formatter to be a part of the library; I know there's such
example already, but I'd rather see a documented part of a library, not
just an example.

- Volodya