From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-23 01:48:48

Aleksey Gurtovoy ha escrito:

> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz writes:
> > The attached fix makes all tests compile for msvc (not
> > all run, though) and hopefully also for the other two toolsets
> > (can't try myself.)
>
> Joaquín,
>
> Could you please verify that you patch was correctly applied? It looks
> like things got better with MSVC in terms of compilation, but now
> "list_inserter" and "list_of" tests fail at run time --
> http://tinyurl.com/6g499 ("multi_index_container" doesn't fail, but
> gets terminated by regression tools because apparently it takes more
> than 5 minutes to run).

I think the patch is correctly applied. When I submitted it, I reported
that the tests list_inserter, list_of and multi_index_container would still
crash at run-time, which is what's happening (more or less):

* test_list_inserter: behaving as predicted
* list_of: behaving as predicted (in fact, this test does not depend on the
patch at all, list_inserter.hpp is not included)
* multi_index_container: here we have differing results; in my local
environment, there's no hang up, but a sure crash.

Now I wonder about the results of test array for msvc-stlport and vc7.
This test does not depend on the patch I proposed, so its current
failing on these platforms must be due to something else. Does
anybody remember whether they used to work in past days? (Thorsten?)

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo