From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-23 12:19:20

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams writes:
>> Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> What regressions are you referring to? Everything besides
>>> "data_members" has been failing in 1.31 as well. I was talking about
>>> green/yellow failures -- about 1/3 of the tests fail; is the library
>>> still usable in this state?
>>
>> Oh, I understand.
>>
>> The problems with gcc-2 only occur when C++ exceptions are thrown and
>> the framework catches them, which happens quite often in those
>> tests. So technically gcc-2 is usable if you're careful.
>
> OK. Does that imply that somebody is going to look into fixing
> "data_members" regression with gcc-2.95.3-linux*
> (http://tinyurl.com/5p9jz)?

It's inconcievable to me that it could have passed in 1.31.0, since
this is part of the test (which hasn't changed):

>>> try: x.x = 77
... except AttributeError: pass
... else: print 'no error'

So I don't think a fix is possible or practical.

On second thought, let me try something; maybe something simple can be done
about the majority of these failures.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting