From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-24 15:31:10

From: Angus Leeming <angus.leeming_at_[hidden]>

> Currently my 'test' directory contains:
> $ ls .oo* foo*
> foo1bar foo bar foo!bar foo]bar foo*bar foocbar foo.hpp
> fooabar foo-bar foo?bar foo{bar foo\bar foo.cpp .oobar
> foo^bar foo,bar foo[bar foo}bar foobbar foo.cxx
>
> All 20 of these files have zero size; the idea is to test boost::glob's
> ability to find matches. However, I'd rather not have them as part of the
> library. How do I get the test framework to create them for me before
> running a test?

I don't know how to do what you ask, but you need more cases than
shown. You should test with special characters at the start,
middle, and end of the filename. You might even test with them
in those positions of the suffix and the rest of the filename.
Also, you should test with longer filenames and with multiple
suffixes.