From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-26 15:03:17

"Pavol Droba" <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

| In other words, only algorithms like sorting and permutations are safe.
|
| Thorsten, please correct me if I'm wrong.
|

| I find this behaviour quite dangerous and I don't see any great benefits it
brings.

It's always about finding the right balance between idiot safe usage and then
allowing the programmer to get
the job done. If ptr_iterator is not mutable we get

1. view-clone_manager can sort what-ever it views, but not itself.

2. we cannot provide all foreseeable algorithms as members which suggest that
providing member is a bad idea

3. we risk users will just do &*begin(), &*end() to get the pointers anyway

br

Thorsten