From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 01:37:07

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Howard Hinnant wrote:
>
>>> parsers.hpp contain:
>>>
>>> template<class charT>
>>> basic_parsed_options<charT>
>>> parse_config_file(std::basic_istream<charT>&, const
>>> options_description&);
>>>
>>> parsers.cpp contain:
>>> template
>>> BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_DECL basic_parsed_options<char>
>>> parse_config_file(std::basic_istream<char>& is,
>>> const options_description& desc);
>>>
>>> And the linker can't find the explicitly instantinated function. This
>>> happens
>>> only in _dll tests, so I'd suspect a bug in the compiler/linker.
> In the meantime, I'll try adding declspec to the primary template
> definition.

And that fixed the problem... though Intel is now unhappy, saying that
declspec on template function declaration is not OK.

Howard, could you clarify if requiring declspec is a bug in Metroweks, given
that VC7.1 works without it, or result of a somewhat different DLL handling
-- which can't be changed?

- Volodya