From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 02:59:34

Hi Jaap,

> I noticed that there is a boost/mpl/set directory with some files in
> them (CVS from circa one week ago). Is this work-in-progress or can
> I actually start using it in some way?

The latter. GCC 3.4.1 failures aside (these are on the todo list),
it's completely functional. Docs are still in progress, though. I
guess at the moment the easiest way to get a feel of the set's
interface would be to take a look at its test case --
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/mpl/test/set.cpp.

> Do you need any help in writing these?

I'd be happy if the GCC failures went away by themselves :), but given
that I'm the only person throughly familiar with the current
implementation, I'm afraid it's not cost-effective to ask somebody
else to look at them. Unless, of course, they _want_ to get their
hands dirty in all the intricacies of the library internals.

> I'm in dire need for a compile time set.

It's all yours, then! I'd be happy to hear any feedback you might
have on this.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering