From: Jonathan Graehl (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-26 22:26:08

Michael van der Westhuizen wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Graehl wrote:
>>

>>> I grepped through the program_options source and couldn't find anything
>>> about declaratively specifying required options (or even more
>>> specifically, min/max # of occurrences), except for positional options.
>>
>> Does "min/max" number of occurrences makes much sense? In
>> variables_map, an
>> option is either present, or not, it cannot be present twice.
>>

> Yes, it does make sense. Two examples I can think of offhand are tcpdump
> and nmap, both of which allow you to specify the -v flag multiple times
> to increase verbosity.

:) Not exactly what I was thinking - if you have a vector/list value
type, doesn't each occurence of an option get appended to it? I
wouldn't personally care about min/max; required or optional are enough.

> I think that for now you'd have to use .count.
>
> - Volodya

I do, for now. It's not bad, but having the same information twice, in
different sections of code, isn't perfect (I need to quit changing my
options so much!)

-Jon