From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 04:18:16

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 02:40:25AM -0500, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Aleksey Gurtovoy writes:
> > Bronek Kozicki writes:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> I tested this patch in my system (the one running regression tests for
> >> mingw-3.4.1 release candidate), it's OK. No failures in numeric/interval
> >
> > Applied, thanks to everyone who helped to figure this out!
>
> Hmm, it looks like GCC 2.95.3/STLPort didn't get covered by the patch
> -- http://tinyurl.com/6e3g5. Is this something we can fix easily?

Probably. I don't have access to that configuration though. Presumably
the definitions for the inv hyperbolics come from Glibc, so the question
is whether STLPort pulls them into namespace std or not.

>From the error message I'd guess they are in namespace std, but
BOOST_HAS_INV_HYPERBOLIC is not being defined, so the using decls aren't
defined so we get a "using std::cosh;"

Maybe the first test in boost/numeric/interval/detail/bugs.hpp needs to
be extended to cover this config? GCC 2.95 (without STLPort) defines
__USE_MISC when std headers are included (I'm not sure exactly where it
gets set). I guess STLPort takes some detour that prevents it being
defined.

jon

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers
 striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,