From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 14:43:55

<msew_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> At 09:44 2004-09-27, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> >"Boost Rookie" <boostrookie_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >

>http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/unit_test_framework/index.htm
> >
> >[snip]
> >
> >This section does explain what you need to do to *use* Unit Test
Framework
> >(it may as well be already compiled and installed on your system). If you
> >want to know how to compile it, there is a "Compilation" link on page
above.
> >Here is direct link:
> >

>http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/unit_test_framework/compilati
on.html

> >If you have any more question feel free to ask.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Gennadiy.
>

> Is there a section comparing and contrasting the boost unit test to
cppunit
> ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppunit/ )? Or any other junit clones?
> Looking over the docs they seem to be pretty close in how to use and such.
>
> Anything that people should be aware that is not so obvious?

There are 3 main direction to look:
1. How framework help to write test cases
2. How framework help to manage test cases
3. How framework help to run test cases

Here is situation as to last time I checked:

1. CppUnit basically incomparable in first one. It only provide basic checks
and does not have facility like execution monitor
2. Boost.Test slightly better in managing test cases (it's more flexible)
3. CppUnit still better as to test running, mostly due to available GUIs.

But, of course, it's only my opinion ;)))

Regards,

Gennadiy.