From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 15:05:17

"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Stefan Slapeta writes:
> > Stefan Slapeta wrote:
> >
> >> I didn't investigate too much so far, but something is very
strange
> >> with this:
> >>
> > > [...]
> >
> > Fixed now. This occured due to two uninitialized local variables
in
> > read_write_mutex.cpp.
>
> Wow, Stefan, this is wonderful! Great job, and thank you.

Yes, thank you. I wonder that my compiler didn't warn about the
uninitialized variables, or (more likely, I guess) that I didn't
notice the warnings.

I still need to finish my other read/write mutex fixes (there are some
problems not caught by the current unit tests) and commit them as well
as the extended unit tests I've been working on (in the hopes of
catching more existing problems). I can't do this until I rerun the
unit tests (which I won't be able to do until this evening) and deal
with any remaining errors (hopefully also this evening). But then,
hopefully, the read-write mutex will be working, though I'm afraid
still rather inefficient.

Mike