From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 17:35:21

I find that if I have a header file "foo_bar.hpp" containing the
declaration of a function "foo_bar" (there may be other functions in there
too of course), then the generated html docs are:

Writing foo_bar.html for refentry(foo_bar)
Writing id2767798.html for section(id2767798)

foo_bar.html contains the docs for the function whilst id2767798.html
contains

Header <foo_bar.hpp>

namespace boost {
  namespace child {
    void foo_bar(std::string const &);
  }
}

I can see why this is done, but why not modify the mangling so that
id2767798 becomes foo_bar_hpp and id2767798.html becomes foo_bar_hpp.html?

Especially since each regeneration of the docs results in a different ID.

Regards,
Angus