From: Lassi A.Tuura (lassi.tuura_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-28 02:01:43

Slightly related meta-fix I would request once more: please silence all
warnings out of boost python binding, at least in the interface users
will use. (In fact the same applies to all of boost, but I only recall
seeing problems with python bits.)

In past releases there have been many trivial warnings such as unused
arguments that would have been simple to silence. As they tend to
drown us in "instantiated here" type of chains for each actual warning,
it is very difficult to see any real problems with our own code.

We compile with GCC using -ansi -pedantic -W -Wall and a few other
warning options, and it is not unusual that the python bindings do not
either compile at all (have to remove -pedantic), or swamp us with
warnings. I'd recommend that boost uses the above options + -Werror
with GCC to make sure no warnings can creep into the release.

If you need a list of outstanding problems with most recent release or
some current release candidate, please let me know.

Lassi

--
I'm not young enough to know everything.  --Oscar Wilde