From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-28 09:29:52

David Abrahams ha escrito:

> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I've noticed entries do not follow any definite order. Print
> > publications
> > are more or less sorted by year, but other sections are seemingly listed
> >
> > at random.
> >
> > I propose the following:
> >
> > * Inside each section, sort lexicographically by year and author, for
> > instance online mentions would get like this
> >
> > [Burnap02]
> > [Curran02]
> > [Siek02b]
> > [Casad03]
> > [Lischner03]
> > [Stein04]
>
> I think it will be easier for people to find things if it's sorted by
> author and year instead.

Well, my rationale is that older entries tend to get obsolete, so the
reader can concentrate on the fresher entries at the end of each
section. But I can apply whatever policy we agree to adhere to.

> [Burnap02]
> [Casad03]
> [Curran02]
> [Lischner03]
> [Siek02b]
> [Stein04]
>
> I guess if you leave a blank line between years it might help.

?? Isn't this last suggestion contradictory with having the entries
sorted first by author?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo