From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 15:19:58

"Stefan Slapeta" <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Any idea why some tests fail in this environment? They do all pass
on my
> machine and appearantly also on Victor's.

It could well be a timing issue. Many of the Boost.Thread tests make
the (usually valid) assumption that certain operations will finish in
a specified "long" amount of time (e.g. one second). If the machine is
running under heavy load, this assumption could be invalid, causing
sporadic test failures. It's perhaps not the ideal way to run the
tests, but that's the way I found them and I haven't been able to do
anything about it yet.

Mike