From: Tony Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-01 11:03:13

"Stefan Seefeld" wrote:

> I'd strongly suggest not to use spaces in file / directory names,
> as that makes life unnecessarily hard for users of command-line
> tools.
>
> But I agree that collapsing some option sets into single directory
> names would be quite convenient.

Even MS IDE has problems in some cases (very inconsistent) when space
characters are present but I thought that in most Wintel and also UNIX
command tools these issues are easily solved with adding quotes?

Anyway, if library names can take "mt" to mean multi-threading, I don't see
why directory names should be much more descriptive? It is nice to be
explicit and descriptive, rather than cryptic, but I think this is a moot
point for people who actually try to build boost.

Tony