From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-01 17:24:41

"Stefan Slapeta" <stefan_nospam__at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> John Torjo wrote:
>

> > Mozilla Thunderbird really rocks! I really recommend it.
> >

> I can just second that! I've been using it for a long time now since
> they released the first betas.

Last time I used Mozilla for reading newsgroups (over a year ago) if found that
it would frequently report a particular numbers of messages as unread (the
number would appear in parantheses after the newsgroup name) but no messages in
my inbox would by marked as unread. I could never tell whether the reported
number of unread messages was an error, or if there really were some unread
messages getting lost. So I switched to Outlook.

Does Thunderbird use the same code as the Mozilla browser's news and email
client? If so, do you know if this problem has been fixed?

Jonathan