From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-02 19:15:53

Hi Bronek,

> I have not stopped running regression tests on Comeau compiler; why
> its results are no longer displayed on
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/summary__release.html?

They are in the reports, but because "como-win32-4.3.3-vc7.1" toolset
is not marked as "required" in "status/explicit-failures-markup.xml",
they are visible in the full view
(http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/summary.html),
but not the release view. The links at the top/bottom of each page
allow you to switch between two.

Currently, the toolset is marked as "required" if either of the
following holds:

1) The compiler/configuration is known to be widely used, and/or the
   majority of Boost developers is committed to supporting it. The
   current versions of MSVC, Intel, GCC and CodeWarrior all fall into
   this category.

or

2) The compiler/configuration is not widely used, but there are one or
   more Boost delevopers who consider it important enough to be
   included in the release criteria, and therefore volunteer to run
   regression tests for it, fix/mark up its failures, and generally
   take responsibility for driving things towards the release at
   reasonable speed. "intel-win32-7.1-vc6-stlport-4.5.3" is one such
   example.

The only reason Comeau hasn't been marked as "required" so far is that
it's unclear to me what its position is in regard to these two
criteria.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering