From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-04 00:56:35

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> I'm planning on doing a massive search & replace throught the docs
>> concerned with renaming "c++boost.gif" to "boost_logo.gif" (the former
>> is not a valid ISO 9660/Level 2 name). Please speak up soon if you
>> have any objections/concerns!
>
> what about taking the occasion and changing to the not-so-patent-ridden
> png format ?

Ultimately, it would be better to produce vector graphics version of the
logo -- imagine, for example, putting the logo in the printed
documentation. However, this can only be done by the person who created the
original logo, and might be impossible if there's no vector version of
background.

- Volodya