From: Christoph Ludwig (cludwig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-04 04:22:53

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 04:29:35PM -0500, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Angus Leeming <angus.leeming_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> >> OK, does this one looks good to everyone:
> >>
> >> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/boost_logo.png
> >>
> >> ?
> >
> > It looks fine in mozilla 1.4.1. konqueror (3.1.4-7 Red Hat (Qt:
> > 3.1.2)) displays an additional single line of dots along the very
> > bottom of the image.
>
> Hmm, that's not good. I just double-checked, and as far as I can tell
> the image itself is totally fine. I guess unless somebody knows how to
> fix this (and willing to do it), I'm going to stick with the old GIF.

I can't tell you what was wrong with your png, but after I loaded your
file into The Gimp and exported it again as png, Konqueror does not
show the garbage underneath anymore. (As a nice side-effect, the file
became smaller: 6.8KByte instead of 8.1KByte.)

You can download the new file from
<URL:http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~cludwig/boost_logo2.png>.

Regards

Christoph