From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-04 07:21:59

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>>> 6) Presidential filter example
>>> While many of us see the humor in this, there was at least one
>>> objection to introducing 'political comedy' into boost. Overall,
>>> the example should be renamed and reformulated since in a few
>>> years no one will get the joke anyway. Sorry to go politically
>>> correct here, but boost needs to be above the fray.
>>
>> I probably don't have the same political view as Jonathan,
>
> Nobody has the same political views as me >:->

Yep. But it's not a matter of differing "political views", it is a matter of
censorhip. More specifically, an unilateral decision on part of the review
manager to censor a submission.

There is a reason why in most civilized societies censorship decisions are
handled with care, by a group, following written rules.