From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-04 08:46:18

"Pavol Droba" <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:41:07AM +0200, Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

| > However, it is true that one reason for the containers to not allow 0 is
| > avoid troubles with 0 indirection on iterators.
|
| I think, you are little be contradictive. One place you allow unsave
manipulation with
| the internal data one the other place you are cautious about the indirection
| problems, that can be easily checked.

easily? The whole interface is indirected. Doing if( is_null(...) ) in front
of every
member function call is not going to help anybody.

What is most contradictive:

1. to prefer safety in general, but to allow unsafe operations through
ptr_iterator
2. to prefer safety of ptr_iterator, but to allow unsafe operations in general

?

br

Thorsten