From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-05 14:46:25

"Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "We might use a dictionary filter to correct malapropisms, like so:
>
> struct malapropism_filter : dictionary_filter {
> malapropism_filter()
> {
> add_entry("subliminable", "subliminal");
> add_entry("misunderestimate", "underestimate");
> }
> };"

I realize that my use of 'malapropism' is almost a malapropism,[1] since
'subliminable' and 'misunderestimate' are not genuine words. I think it fails
the 'ludicrous' requirement, though. ;-)

Jonathan

[1] malapropism: Ludicrous misuse of a word, especially by confusion with one
of similar sound (American Heritage Dictionary)