From: Manfred Doudar (manfred.doudar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-06 22:28:04

Lemings, Eric B. wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to solicit interest in the following brief proposals for
>inclusion in the Boost library.
>
>cla (Command-Line Arguments) - A generic C++ framework for parsing
>command-line arguments. The library design would be based on the popt
>(http://www.rpm.org/dark_corners/popt/) library.
>
>uom (Units Of Measure) - A generic C++ framework for arithmetic
>calculations and conversions between different units of measure. The
>library design would be based on The Units Of Measure Library
>(http://tuoml.sourceforge.net/).

You might also want to look at the extensible UCAR udunits C-library for
ideas/possibilities et al. The benifit here is that it's extensible by
users using a text database of relations. On the downside, it's
cumbersome to use. Nonetheless, here's a URL of the manpage:

   http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/udunits/man.php?udunits+3

This library can be downloaded with source code.

--
Manfred Doudar
MetOcean Engineers