From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-07 04:10:35

Thorsten Ottosen ha escrito:

> "Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Thorsten Ottosen writes:
>
> > Indirection is just one part of the smart containers, though.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> >I hope that if accepted, the library will be renamed to something that
> >actually reflects its essence.
>
> indirected, minmal overhead, exception-safe, clonable, pointer storage
> container library ?

Well, the library admittedly has a lot of features, but labelling it "smart" is
of little help to the casual reader. Besides, a humble std::map is actually
very smart, isn't it?
I'd concentrate on what's perceived as the main characteristic, all the other
goodies nonwithstanding. IMHO, indirection is the key here, so what
about Indirect Containers?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desrrollo