From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-08 09:22:28

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:

> Seems like some multi_index tests are failing due to lack of resources
> or something like that, for COMSOFT reports.

Yes, this might indeed be the fact. I'm having serious troubles compiling
the regression tests with gcc because it uses such enormous amounts of file
space.

The machine in question has ~300MB tmp space which is ok for most tests but
not for all. I'll try to play around with some env variables to see if it
helps any.

> mips-tfile, /tmp//cctFjnCI.s:10965 string too big (35326 bytes)
> line:? #.stabs?"and_<boost::mpl::not_<boost::is_same<boost::mpl:
> [very long expression]

A quick google search indicates that this is a problem with gcc on alpha
when compiling with debug symbols. A possible workaround might be to use
-gstabs instead of -g, I'll try it ASAP.

Markus