From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-11 13:36:16

On Oct 11, 2004, at 1:29 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> Would the SmartPtr authors (Peter, Greg, Beman, Daniel, Howard, Multi
> Media Ltd ...) consider allowing modified versions of shared_ptr.hpp,
> weak_ptr.hpp, shared_count.hpp and (maybe) checked_delete.hpp to be
> included in the GCC sources?

Speaking only for myself, I didn't realize my fingerprints were on any
of these. If they really are somewhere, my permission is given. I've
already reimplemented these for Metrowerks and that's the only code I
can't share.

Btw, it isn't in the TR1, but you might consider: shared_ptr<T[]> and
weak_ptr<T[]> as a conforming extension.

-Howard