From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-13 07:23:12

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:25:44AM -0500, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Neal Becker writes:
> > I noticed that in boost cvs files seem to have random modes. Many
> > sources show up as executable when checked out of cvs onto my Linux
> > box. Hopefully this will be fixed before release.
>
> Could our CVS experts comment on why this is happening/what would be
> the right way to fix it?

CVS modes are set when the file is first checked in, and can't be
changed (except by manually fiddling with the repository, which SF staff
have to do for you)

If they're saved from windows to a UNIX drive, or committed from windows
there's a good chance they'll have executable bits set (I regularly go
through the repository where I work and remove all the 'x' bits from
source files, caused by developers working on windows and saving to our
UNIX development boxes over samba).

This might be the cause of the 'x' bits on Boost files too.

jon

--
I eat my peas with honey, I've done it all my life
It makes them taste quite funny, but it keeps them on the knife