From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-17 13:32:33

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Russell Hind <rh_gmane_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Domingo, Octubre 17, 2004 5:31 pm
Asunto: [boost] Sprit-1.6 and latest boost

> Because bcc32 can't deal with spirit-1.8, to use spirit and boost
> 1.31,
> I've replaced spirit.hpp and the spirit directory in boost with
> the 1.6
> distribution.
>
> This doesn't work with the latest boost code, it looks like the
> errors
> are due to the changes mpl that were mentioned.
>
> Are there any plans to update spirit 1.6 to work with latest boost
> so
> those of us with older compilers can use the two together?

This has been discussed in connection with Boost.Serialization,
which relies in Spirit 1.6 for older compilers. Apparently,
all it takes to make Spirit 1.6 work under Boost 1.32 is
to replace apply_if with eval_if.
>From what the mailing list tell us, the fix was on the verge of
being applied, but I guess it wasn't after all:

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg71227.php

HTH

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo