From: Maxim Yegorushkin (e-maxim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-19 06:39:37

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:18:11 -0400, Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Sorry, I did not have a chance to follow this discussion, but how what you
> propose match against basic_cstring/const_string facility I ma using in
> Boost.Test implementation?

AIU, basic_cstring is akin to boost::iterator_range with some additional member functions.

The proposed const_string is essentually a std::basic_string<> without mutating member functions (insert, erase, replace). It also supports reference semantics like the basic_cstring does, i.e. to hold a reference to an existing string rather than allocating and copying.

--
Maxim Yegorushkin