From: Miro Jurisic (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-19 13:02:26

In article <e094f9eb041019032718d58d04_at_[hidden]>,
 Rogier van Dalen <rogiervd_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> An assumption I think is wrong is that wchar_t would be suitable for
> Unicode.

wchar_t is to be avoided at all costs. Its size differs from compiler to
compiler, and even depends on compiler settings (2 or 4 bytes). Encoding of
wchar_t strings is ill-defined and also varies from system to system (usually
UCS-2 or UCS-4, but there is no guarantee it's a Unicode encoding).

> So unicode::string<unicode::codepoint_string<std::string> > would be a
> UTF8-encoded string that is manipulated using its characters.

Encoded characters or abstract characters? (See section 2.4 of Unicode standard
for definitions)

meeroh