From: Schalk_Cronje_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-10-25 08:10:08

>What is a C++ focus group? A collection of randomly selected people who give their opinions >on proposed changes to C++?

Consider it to be a an informal study group or c++ users group. It is basically an initiative in the company whereby engineers get together once a week to discuss and talk about a C++ topic. The idea is to really further everyone's knowledge of C++ which, hopefully would lead to more effective C++ usage. Different boost libraries are regular topics.

>Something like this would fit in easily with Eric Niebler's xpressive library. In fact, I
>suggested it, but Eric said it was "too cute". Perhaps we should convene a focus group to
>discuss the subject. ;-)

Sarcasm aside, I am glad to see someone else came up with the same idea. I would not consider it to be 'cute', a 'tour of force' possibly, yes.