From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-25 19:14:09

>> reviews. However, by the time I see the announcement, download the
>> materials, go through them, and try to keep up with the current
>> comments, the review is over. I am so busy with work...
>
> This is also true for me. However, I think the review periods do not
> necessarily have to be extended. What has to be extended is the
> timeframe in which there will be no significant changes (interface &
> docs) to a candidate library.

I have the same issues (work getting busy just at the time of an interesting
review), and I think this is a good solution. It still keeps the good
concentrated discussion during the review period, but gives more people time
to take a proper look.

I'd also like to see a policy where the docs are on the web somewhere so I
can click-and-skim the tutorial or examples to see if the library solves a
problem I have and is therefore worth downloading and trying out.

Darren