From: christoph_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-10-26 10:56:01

Hi,

sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven't found an answer in
the mail archive. I can hardly believe that it hasn't been asked before.

Everywhere in the boost libs I see code like

namespace boost {

  // Just a simple "envelope" for non-type template parameters. Useful
  // to work around some MSVC deficiencies.

 template <typename T, T n>
 struct non_type { };

}

The problem is the "typename T" part. MSVC 6 does not compile this,
it wants "class T". How do I get around this MSVC deficiency (I have
SP 5 installed, at least my admin says so)? Isn't there something like
BOOST_TEMPLPAR_TYPENAME_KEYWORD that is defined to be equal to class
for MSVC <= 6 (and maybe others) an equal to typename for able
compilers?

Cheers,

Christoph