From: Vladimir Pozdyayev (ardatur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-27 01:22:22

I'd like to shed some light on a couple of points.

The stuff I offer is dedicated to two tasks:
  * building an ANFA (that's Augmented NFA) from an expression
    tree of a given regex;
  * running the result against a given input string.
What such a code desperately needs, is the following:
  * syntactical front-end: a class that would parse the actual
    regex string and build its expression tree;
  * character back-end: a class that would allow checking whether
    a given character is contained in a given character set,
    respecting encodings, locales etc.
Boost.regex employs quite a general approach to these components.
Reusing them and connecting my code to them is what I have in
mind.

The only snag is, I'm not familiar with boost.regex internals. So,
any help in that field would be appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Pozdyayev.