From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-27 07:11:17

> I suppose I should have tried to separate the parser from the back-end
> state
> machine format more, so that different engines can be plugged in at will,
> but there are only so many times I think I can stand to rewrite this stuff
> :-/

On the other hand, and on reflection: take a look at the public interfaces
for perl_matcher and basic_regex_creator in the new code, if your state
machine code could emulate these interfaces, then it might be possible to
slot it straight in as a possible alternative (with a bit of traits class
magic to choose which back end actually gets used).

John.