From: Neal D. Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-28 06:27:47

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:

> "Darren Cook" wrote:
>
>> I found some circular buffers that nearly do what I want
>> [1] [2] [3], but they are lower-level as they don't offer the ostream
>> interface. (In my case I don't need thread-safety.)
>>
> Did you look on Boost circular_buffer (currently in Files section)?
> It is not yet oficially released but should get into 1.33.
>
> /Pavel

You may find cycle_iterator useful. I have uploaded to files area:

1. cycle_iterator.hpp
2. cycle_iterator2.hpp
3. Ring2.H

1. cyclic iterator adaptor. Keeps track of wraparounds.
2. similar to 1, but doesn't track wraparounds. This is more efficient in
case you don't need that feature.
3. Ring adapts a container making it cyclic.