From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-30 07:21:46

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>> > doc/html/bbv2/extender.html:
>> > broken link: ../../../example/customization
>>
>> I've fixed this for release. I wonder if it's possible to somehow make
>> the links relative to the *Boostbook sources*, not the the final doc
>> location. That would be a great help for V2.
>
> It'd be possible to make links relative to _the master XML file that is
> being built_. But given that it's not uncommon for this master document to
> be composed from smaller subdocuments, which, in their turn, often lay in
> subdirectories, I'm not sure that it's not going to make things even more
> confusing/error-prone.

It surely would not help, because for boost build docs the master file could
be either tools/build/v2/doc/src/userman.xml or doc/src/boost.xml.

OTOH, the relative path from v2/doc/src/extending.xml to
v2/example/customization is always the same, that's why it would be very
handy to have source-relative links.

- Volodya