From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-02 07:24:13

Please don't take offense when I say this, but "for historical
reasons" set off my alarm for sloppy code.

I don't claim to know C++ or Boost better than others here so if there
is a better valid reason please enlighten me. If there is no way to
have a negative index (this is not an array, after all..), why give
the option? Doing things the wrong way just because thats how they
were done before isn't good.

I almost didn't reply for fear of setting off an arrogant developer.
Not saying you are one of them, but there are an unfortunate amount in
the OSS community and I have stepped on enough toes to learn.