From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-03 10:42:51

Beman Dawes wrote:

> The section you added is informative, but it doesn't directly address
> the OP's actual problem:
>
> > boost-thread correctly looks for
> >boost_thread-bcb-mt-d-1_32.lib, but date_time, filesystem and regex all
> >look for
> >
> > libboost_XXXXXX-bcb-mt-d-1_32.lib, not
> > boost_XXXXXX-bcb-mt-d-1_32.lib
>
> Isn't this still a problem?

John's reply to my original post is correct. By default all libraries
should use static linking as filesystem did. boost-thread is different
as the static lib doesn't work on well on win32 so it always tries to
use the dll version.

I got confused because: I had to use dynamic RTL because I use boost
thread. I thought this meant I had to link against all boost libraries
as dlls, but this isn't the case. I can still link against other boost
libraries as static libs, providing they are built to use the dynamic
rtl (no -s in the file name which indicates use of static rtl). So
everything is working as expected.

To link against DLLs, I have to define BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK.

The only issue I can see at the moment is that serialization doesn't do
auto-linking but Robert as said he doesn't want to play with this before
the 1.32.0 release.

Thanks

Russell