From: Noah Stein (noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-05 11:04:33

It might be a valid distinction. It's certainly derived from affine
geometry's concept of a point as a distinct entity separate from a vector.
The distinction can be helpful since it carries some semantic information,
e.g. points cannot be added unless they are weighted and all the weights add
to 1. If not done properly it ends up being a headache since the semantics
are ignored sometimes and pedantic at others.

My gut reaction is that the distinction would be of little value in a window
GUI, but I honestly haven't analyzed the situation too much.

-- Noah